Thursday, January 31, 2013

Comfort & Joy....DONE!

So....it's done! Except for quilting, and then adding all the buttons, ribbon etc. embellishments! The trick will be to get that all done in a timely manner.....in other words, before December 2014! Now that the monthly "Anne" pressure isn't on....will we all stay on target????? Thanks Anne, for helping me get it completed to this stage!
 
 
I kept with the wool theme for the appliqued borders....added cotton YoYo's for the berries with wool vines and leaves.
I had to smile at Anne's last post about procrastinating about blogging.....I completely agree! I've had Comfort and Joy complete now since the middle of December thinking we were all going to post the final border in December (I know, idealistic and a cock-eyed optomist leftover from the song from South Pacific!). And yet, here I am at the last minute posting my results. I guess it might be because I feel that no one's really listening to me (reading me) out there, so why bother! And I'd rather be quilting!!!
But....till the next post......I'll be stitchin' for my soul!
Nadine
 

 

5 comments:

Diane said...

Oh I love your blue borders! The quilt turned out so wonderfully! I know you must be pleased. Thanks for sharing.

Nancie Anne Quilts said...

Adorable! I purchased this pattern a couple of months ago based on what I was seeing on posts...just a bit late to join you all...Im now inspired to begin...esp. that cute little snowman! Scrolling thru your blog I'm seeing that we have very similar taste...Chocolate Bunnies & all!!!

dianne said...

i think there is no better reason to stitch - and i love your quilt!

Tina said...

Love your quilt!!!

Anne said...

Hey Nadine, Your borders are wonderful. Love the yo yos. Such a clever gal! Thanks for playing-a-long!