Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Wednesday What's Happenin' Now...

Anyone remember Flip Wilson's "The Church of What's Happenin' Now"? It was one of his comedy routines on his show in the 1970's or 80's and whenever I hear "what's happenin' " my brain does an instant flashback with a smile. Wednesdays are usually fun-filled happy days at Willow Creek. Being "sort of" retired means that Wednesdays are no longer the "hump" day of the work week since M-F really aren't that different than Saturday and Sunday...other than church on Sunday. But Wednesdays are special. MSG is on Wednesday. My Sew Group meets. So far it's only Anne and Brenda and myself but what a trio we are! From 10-3 that day we handstitch away all our world's problems. Today I'm working on Bunny Hill's "Rabbits Prefer Chocolate" ... 'tis the season you know.

What' happenin' the rest of the week? Well, it's BASEBALL SEASON at last! Steve and I love baseball so in the evening when we're watching a game I'm finishing up "Folk Art Album" ... a glorious wool project designed by Lisa Bongean from Primitive Gatherings. I'm doing "Big Stitch" hand quilting so it's happening quickly. Yesterday I was machine quilting a set of "Slice 'em & Dice 'em Placemats" (Willow Creek Quilts)from Moda's Sanctuary line and a set with some batiks. The pattern has been a great seller for me using 8 fat quarters for a set of 8 placemats. (I don't quite have this "blog add image" stuff down yet so in the photo in between the next 3 is the finished mat from Moda's Hemming House line...and I still can't figure out why it's sideways!)



Wow! I'm feeling a little cocky now because I blogged again before a month went by! Soon I'll tell you about my case of "Tote-itis" I've been dealing with.....Can we ever have too many totes??? Have a wondrous Wednesday!
Nadine

1 comment:

Carrie ~ Cricketwood Prims said...

Nadine,

Your Folk Art Album quilt is so beautiful. I am working on that one too. Love the Rabbits Preger Chocolate too...those bunnies are so cute... good to see you doing your blog, I will enjoy seeing whats happenin....